Friday, October 2, 2009

LIAM WANTS TO SAVE THE BEES, NOT HIS BAND


Liam Gallagher wants to save bees.
The Oasis rocker has warned humanity is in "proper bother" if the honey-producing insects die out as a result of using pesticides around their hives and has called for people to take action.
He said: "You've got to look after the birds and the bees, man.
"The bees are vanishing. We've got to save them before they all buzz off. It's important. It's a really worthwhile cause. Without them we're in proper bother. If it weren't for honey, I'd have a rough voice."
Campaigners have welcomed Liam's stance and are delighted to have him speaking about the plight of UK honeybees, which saw one fifth of their hives vanish last winter.
A spokesperson for the Co-operative - who are backing new movie 'Vanishing of the Bees', which warns of the danger of the insects becoming extinct - said: "We're thrilled Liam recognises the urgency for action."
Liam - whose band was forced to pull out of this year's V festival because he was suffering from a throat infection - has previously spoken of how helpful he finds honey in protecting his voice, even though he dislikes the taste.
He said: "I'm much more worried about my voice. For years I never warmed up before a concert. I'd just stand around smoking and stuff.
"But people spend lots of money to see us and I respect that. I don't want to go on stage sounding like an idiot. Now I drink herbal drinks and s**t. And honey. I f***ing hate it though."
The future of Oasis is currently in doubt after Liam's brother and bandmate Noel Gallagher quit the legendary band following a fight between the rock 'n' roll siblings before a Paris concert in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment